Developing trust with your buyer early in the buying and selling process is one of the top reasons to consider outsourcing sales and marketing. Outsourcing sales and marketing to build this rapport and trust with potential buyers early in the sales cycle can save you both time and money because building this trust can create a significant time drain on your senior resources. In addition, this can quickly increase your cost of sales percentage if your most senior resources are dedicating too much time to this task.
Here are 5 Ways Outsourcing Sales and Marketing Can Help you Build Trust with your Buyers:
- Follow up with inbound lead immediately – Senior sales resources and executives are busy, in meetings, running operations, managing accounts and leading the company. Outsourcing sales will ensure you are focused on potential needs when the buyer expresses them with an inbound request. Outsourcing sales will help you get to the buyer faster. And as multiple studies continue to explain, the first person back to the buyer has a 50% advantage closing that deal over competitors.
- Producing thought leadership content – Most outsourcing sales and marketing companies will have frameworks to help you create thought leadership content in the form of webcasts, videos, blog posts and checklists. This digital content can act as a surrogate for your senior talent early in the sales process. Your “digital thought leader” can demonstrate and share their expertise early in the sales conversation and build trust without needing to engage in early stage sales conversations.
- Distribute that thought leadership content – Outsourcing sales and marketing companies will have the technology, the capability and capacity to share that thought leadership with potential buyers. An outsourcing sales and marketing company will be able to do warm, friendly, and helpful calls to buyers where they will share your thought leadership.
- Implement a marketing automation solution to score leads – A sales outsourcing and marketing company will have the necessary technologies in place to automate email marketing to a list of potential buyers. They will also have the ability to track those buyers, score their interests, will follow up to be even more helpful, and ask intelligent probing questions. And if it makes sense, they will introduce your senior sales team if the buyer is interested.
- They will recap and share what they have learned from the buyer with your senior rep – Your outsourcing sales rep and marketing team will be able to communicate what content your buyer has digested digitally and will also share what they have learned about the buyers needs so your senior sales resource can quickly recap and confirm the buyers needs and understanding. This saves both your buyer and the seller time and builds trust in your entire team’s professionalism
In conclusion, creating this initial positive impression early and building trust is a requirement for almost any sale, and this is one area where outsourcing sales and marketing can help you build this trust and generate more sales qualified leads at a lower cost.
Gabriel Sales helps businesses build modern sales and marketing operations and then supports those operations with a variety of sales outsourcing and marketing services. To learn more about our approach we invite you to check out our outsourcing sales and marketing services page.
Gabriel Sales provides outsourced sales and marketing services. Our outsourced sales and marketing solutions help small businesses and startups build repeatable sales and modern marketing organizations. When we work with our clients we also help them to implement the right technology stack to help them benchmark every stage of their sales process so data can be leveraged for continuous improvement at every stage of the buyer’s journey. Once the lead generation engine is built and productive we can then quickly and simply transition a client’s outsourced sales lead generation to the company for continued self-management or we can continue to scale the effort.
What follows are several tips for companies that are just starting to consider if an outsourced sales lead generation and marketing solution is right for their business when they are specifically considering an outsourced lead generation function.
Know who you want and need to target. The first step for success when you engage in outsourced sales and marketing lead generation is to define the market you need to target. The better your targeting the better the results. You should expect your outsourced sales partner to work with you to define both your ideal organization and the ideal roles within that organization for you to target.
Outsourced sales and marketing lead generation should be used to scale not invent. Before getting started with a fully outsourced sales and marketing lead generation program you should have your prospecting process written down and tested internally first. If you have not fully documented this process or have not yet run your own lead generation program you should expect your outsourced sales and marketing partner to work with you on a preliminary sales consulting project first to help you define and document a sales prospecting process.
You need educational content and collateral for a successful outsourced sales and marketing lead generation program. 70% of buyers prefer learning about a new product or solution with a quick conversation and/or an email that links them to educational content. And then depending on your industry 20% to 90% of prospects use digital content to short list the vendors that they want to engage with for deeper sales conversations. You will need to provide your outsourced sales lead generation team the content they need to engage and interest buyers. You will need email templates, FAQs, blog articles, educational assets and features and benefits sell sheets. If you do not have this material your outsourced sales and marketing company should be able to work with you to create this content.
Agree to success metrics. Prior to getting started you will need to define what success will be measured on. You should not expect your outsourced sales lead generation team to close deals for you. If this is your success criteria you will need to engage your partner for more than lead generation. However you can expect your outsourced lead generation team to qualify leads if that is agreed to in advance.
Have a plan in place to transition leads. If leads are not followed up with on a timely and consistent basis you will just be wasting your outsourced lead generation investment. Before pulling the trigger on an outsourced lead generation program have a plan and at least one sales rep to transition the leads to.
How Gabriel Sales Can Help
If you are an outsourced sales lead generation program Gabriel Sales has developed a turnkey Sales Ready Lead and Sales Automation Starter Package
As a B2B outsourced sales and marketing company, we understand that ROI is important so this package includes a free preliminary assessment to see if outsourced sales is the right solution for your business. To learn more about our approach you can also visit the About Us page.
As an outsource sales and marketing company we are frequently asked what is the role of blogging in developing leads.
First it’s important to understand that when you outsource sales digital content, it’s critical to helping develop leads because according to a recent survey of 1200 buyers 85% of most organizations now prefer to learn about new products and solutions through digital education before engaging with a sale rep. So when you outsource sales, its important that you make it easy for the buyer to move through their buying process with digital content. Here is the framework we use to help clients create that content:
Checklists will support outsource sales and marketing
Blogs can be used to support an outsource sales and marketing lead generation to create quick but effective content for awareness campaigns. As you create these blogs, think about the covers of magazines when you go through the checkout line when you are grocery shopping. Lists grab attention and peak interest.
How to Blogs will help your outsource sales team prove thought leadership
When we engage with companies in outsource sales and marketing to generate leads we often find that companies underestimate how much thought leadership they possess. Even something as simple as “How to Solve a Problem” will capture attention and help you generate that initial lead. Once again, think about that checkout line.
FAQ Blogs will help save time in sales process for your outsource sales team
When you outsource sales your outsource sales reps will often get the same question over and over again. We recommend that you keep a list of these frequently asked sales questions and use them to write short blogs so they can be leveraged as part of your outsource sales and marketing process.
Thought Leadership Blogs will help you introduce your specific thought leaders to the buyers
Finally, we really love to interview our outsource sales and marketing client’s executives for them to explain the business value of the solution or the technical value of the solution to their peers at the company we are selling to. We then create blogs with an embed a headshot video and then we enhance that headshot video with some additional information to turn it into a rich piece of content that details how the solution can solve a problem is a specific area. This allows your outsource sales team to build trust without needing to involve senior resources too early in the sales process.
Gabriel Sales helps companies transform their sales and marketing programs to generate more leads in this new buyer driven landscape. To learn more about our philosophy and approach to supplying an outsourcing sales team we invite you to read more about us here.