Selling To: Fortune 1000 and Privately Held Manufacturers’ SVPs and VPs of Supply Chain, Operations, Head of Engineering and Energy Manager
Challenge: Management Consulting and Industrial Engineering Professional Services firm spun out of Fortune 250 Company and hit $4M in annual revenue within 18 months. The principals were mired in a cycle where they would sell, service and then need to start pipe from scratch. Over next 4 years they hired 3 enterprise reps with Rolodex’s and landed one additional deal outside their own network and remained flat at $4M. Sales cycle for enterprise deals was over 360 days for initial engagement of $20K to $50K, deals then scale to $250K – $500K in year two and $1M plus in year three. To inject new revenue stream with shorter sales cycle company acquired a smaller practice with entry level solution and sales for that product line also remained flat.
- Sales Consulting and Inside Sales – Scripted, created content and created an inside sales process for entry level solution. Took inbound leads from existing telemarketing partner, qualified, engaged and closed.
- Sales Consulting – Simultaneously worked with client to create a repeatable high velocity sales process, ideal customer profile and collateral for enterprise professional service engagement.
- Lead Generation Outsourcing – Client migrated telemarketing to Gabriel Sales for enterprise deals as entry level product sales transitioned back to business unit.
- Digital Content Production and Digital Sales Execution – Cloned the sales process for Top Producers for enterprise deals with video, webcasts, blog and success stories.
- Outsourcing Inside Sales and Marketing Operations – Gabriel Sales took over all lead generation, database management, software implementation and management of direct marketing efforts to target, engage, qualify and nurture enterprise prospects.
- Outsourced Sales Staffing – Staff a blended team of lead gen rep, inside rep and senior enterprise sales rep to manage the logistics and close of deals.
- First 180 days
- 4 entry level new business clients closed from with inside reps eliminating prior sales process which required extensive travel and face to face meetings.
- Put 6 enterprise deals in the sales pipe.
- Second 360 days
- 3 additional entry level
- 8 enterprise deals closed
- Internet Marketing Technologies scoped and implemented and blog launched
- 4 enterprise deals moved to upsell
- Sale collateral digitized in webcast, blog, video and customer testimonials
- Nurturing database of 2000 plus decision makers created and marketing automation implemented.