It’s almost 2017, and the economy is continuing to incrementally improve and show signs of picking up momentum. If you have not already started your sales planning, now is the time to start thinking about how to increase your sales performance in the coming year.
As a sales outsourcing company, here are our top outsourcing sales strategies you may want to examine in the coming year to increase sales.
- Build an ideal customer profile. Look at your current customer mix and decide what companies make you the most money and are the easiest to service and scale the quickest.
- Improve the quality of your lead targeting. Build on your ideal customer profile and improve the quality of your leads. Step one in building a pipe is to improve the quality of what you are putting into it.
- Analyze your sales process. Look at what worked for your top performers in 2016 and share those sales processes across your organization. As a sales outsourcing partner, a great deal of the outsourcing sales efficiencies we drive are replicating what works for top sales producers and sharing those both internally, and externally, with our sales clients.
- Start measuring your sales pipe velocity. Part of analyzing your sales process is putting the metrics in place to measure the velocity of your pipe. Understand what message and content moves your prospect from one stage in your sales pipeline to the next stage faster.
- Look at marketing automation software. If you have not already implemented a marketing automation platform, you need to start looking at them now. As a sales outsourcing organization, the insights and efficiency gains are critical for us to compete in the new sales engagement model.
- Nurture your sales pipe. Do not ignore past prospects, especially for complex sales. From our own data and other studies, in some industries we have seen over 50% of purchases are coming from prospects we educated last year.
- Sell money. You need to be able to demonstrate the Return on Investment you can drive with your product or service. The more complex your sales, the clearer you need to be able to explain how your buyer can measure their return.
- Sales and marketing alignment is critical. You need to give your marketing “a sale quota’, and create a team environment. Don’t just measure what marketing puts into the pipe and then what sales closes. Create shared success metrics so everyone has their eye on closing business with customers ready to buy and also nurturing prospects that are not quite ready. Create content that supports the sale across its lifecycle.
- Collaborate with partners. With the advent of social media, digital content, marketing automation, webcasting and SEO tools, it might make sense to look at how a top sales outsourcing and marketing operations company can help you augment capability and increase capacity, to increase your sales in the coming year.
Depending on your stage of sales and marketing alignment, there are multiple sales and marketing strategies and tactics with the potential to drive sales growth. A strategy or tactic is most effective when anchored in an overarching strategy based on real numbers as well as targeting specific sales goals. The best sales and marketing operations outsourcing company will help you to create a unique plan to improve what is not working and build what is working based on hard sales targets. Contact us for a free consultation to see what we can do to improve your sales performance and pipeline velocity in 2017.