In this article we touch on entrepreneur challenges and 10 ways sales outsourcing will help.
James Altucher an investor and entrepreneur posted a great blog this week at TechCrunch – 10 Things Entrepreneurs Will Fail at. For any entrepreneur out there its great to remember that you are not alone. You can find the full blog at http://techcrunch.com/2012/01/11/10-things-all-entrepreneurs-fail-at/.
As a sales and marketing outsourcing company we have worked with well over 100 entrepreneurs building go to market strategies and providing sale outsourcing services for new product launches. We love working with visionaries. We appreciate what they do and we are in this business to help them avoid as many of the hiccups on the way to success and wealth as we can. Below is a quick summary of James Altucher’s blog (we advocate reading it in its entirety). We personally feel like sales and marketing outsourcing can help you dramatically mitigate the risk and dramatically increase your chances of success in several of the areas mentioned below so we could not resist commenting.
10 Things Entrepreneurs Will Fail At and 10 Ways Sales Outsourcing Helps
1. You will lose some customers. Not everyone will be happy with your product forever.
- Demand Gen outsourcing keeps the pipe full to replace them.
2. You will lose some friends and family. You’re spending so much time on your business that inevitably you will not be able to match all of the expectations of the people who love you.
- Maintain some life balance and let us do the grinding day to day blocking and tackling so you have time for the wife, kids, partner
3. You will lose the faith of investors. Not all of the time, and hopefully not at the end, but there will come a time when the investors question you.
- Sales and marketing outsourcing provides hard core third party verified numbers and sales metrics to defend your ability to keep valuation and confidence levels up on the sales front.
4. Your idea. Your idea might be a bad idea.
- We vet your idea and test it in the market fast with qualitative and quantitative feedback loops so you can improve and readjust.
5. You will fail some of your employees. Employees are there for many reasons. Sometimes they won’t always get what they want.
- As a sales and marketing outsourcing company working with entrepreneurs we only have understand success is mutual and dependent on closed business. Not a great deal of grey area or misalignment. We are half way through the 10 ways sales outsourcing helps.
6. You will fail at keeping stress levels low. Sometimes the stress is too much.
- Sales and marketing outsourcing can alleviate many of the day to day headaches of headcount and employees
7. Sales. You can’t win them all.
After losing a potential sale there’s a few things you should do:
- Call the decision maker and say, “Just for my own learning, is there anything we could’ve done better?” Then take sincere notes.
- Then ask, “Is there anything else we can do for you. Any other way I, personally, can help you succeed at your job.”
- And conclude with, “Well, it was a real pleasure going through the process and learning about your business. Please call us if you need anything new.” And check in every month after that. Send monthly updates of customers you are winning, new products you are building,
- Sales and marketing outsourcing is always about knowing why you win and knowing why you lose. CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO
8. Communication. Some people are just simply going to disagree with you.
- We manage sales by presenting the facts and the data and then take our marching orders based on your strategic targets
9. Raising Money. I just saw this happen: great idea, great people, revenues, and profitable and…the company in question could not raise money from professional venture capitalists.
- We focus on driving revenue and giving you bullet proof metrics so you can raise money without a dip in sales
10. Yourself. You will certainly fail yourself during the process. You can’t do everything. You can’t get everyone to like you. You can’t get everyone to buy your service.
- Sales outsourcing allows you to focus on your core competency
If you are considering sales and marketing outsourcing as a solution and want to better understand the 10 ways sales outsourcing can help you take a new product to market or prove the ratios of your sales process, a Gabriel Sales sales outsourcing solution may be a great option. Feel free to CONTACT US to see what we can do to help.
” width=”20″ height=”20″>