Selling To: VPs & Directors of Marketing, MARCOM Directors
Challenge: Organization focused on selling marketing programs to IT firms. The business had lost 50% of revenue annually in two consecutive years. New VP of Sales promoted from within which caused the attrition of 2 senior sales professionals on staff. VP was given one year to turn business around.
- Sales Consulting – GS evaluated 18 month cycle of existing business to identify Ideal Customer Profile and most profitable customers. Conducted internal analysis of sales methodology, sales infrastructure and skill sets
- Outsourcing Lead Generation – Gabriel Sales implemented a new business lead generation to ensure pipe was growing through reorganization.
- Business grew from 2.1M annually to 6.9M annually in 24 months
- Gabriel Systems managed and executed ongoing new business lead generation and then transitioned to closing Proof of Concept deals – 13 new clients in year 1 and 28 new clients in year 2 generating $300K revenue in year 1 and $650K revenue in year 2.
- Existing sales team was restructured around specific verticals reducing fixed costs of sales team by 23%. Internal teams focus transitioned to account management with a focus on scaling business of existing and new relationships post Proof of Concept.
- Client worked with GS to leverage GS insights and metrics to implement SalesForce.Com and VP was freed of new business acquisition management issues to pursue million dollar plus enterprise deals